Year End Donations Fund Running Water
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Campaign Management
Enriching lives through community and the outdoors as a way to move forward beyond cancer
An Oregon-based nonprofit, Project Koru offers a lifelong support network to help young adult survivors of cancer rise above their diagnosis and thrive in all aspects.
Project Koru uses adventure-based experiences to build community, find empowerment, and both heal and renew the mind, body, and soul.
Their annual peer-to-peer fundraiser, Kiteboard 4 Cancer, is the largest kiteboarding event in North America. Entrance fees typically funded their flagship program Camp Koru, a week-long adventure therapy camp for survivors.
However, Kiteboard 4 Cancer’s revenue was plateauing, and they weren’t sure why. This was particularly concerning, because the demand for their programs and services continued to grow.
They needed to figure out how to raise more money to handle a larger influx of survivors seeking support.
Project Koru needed three questions answered:
- How do we get event participants to become year-round, mission-driven fundraisers?
- How do we acquire new supporters?
- How can we scale to accommodate a growing waitlist of survivors who need funding access to Camp Koru?
Together with Project Koru, we addressed the challenges of improving both the Kiteboard 4 Cancer outcomes and year-round funding by:
- Creating a theme for Kiteboard 4 Cancer to feature direct impact through storytelling and website visuals
- Conducting market research to inform a strategic communications plan
- Providing coaching and inspiration for event participants to heighten their fundraising success within their social networks
- Integrating Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack, Classy, and Mailchimp to deliver multi-channel, segmented engagement campaigns to various audiences
Fundraising revenue (quadrupled year-over-year)
Increase in peer-to-peer fundraising
Increase in average donation size
Project Koru's donor base
Our systems upgrade helped Project Koru acquire new supporters and steward donors into monthly giving for greater, more predictable revenue
The Client Review
With just one full time employee (myself) and an intern, I could not have imagined securing a 56% increase in revenue year-over-year. But that’s what we did with the support of the powerhouse team at CauseMic."
How We Can Help You Maximize Year-End Fundraising
A successful fundraising campaign starts with an actionable plan. Using our proven framework, we can help you develop and execute one just for you!