Digital DesignerContract (hourly), Portland OR
- Position Type
- Contract (Hourly)
- Portland, OR
- Remote Work
CauseMic is seeking a contract digital designer with an ability to translate marketing and fundraising strategies into compelling visual communications that fulfill campaign goals.
This individual will play a key role in strategizing and executing upon high-quality creative assets for our nonprofit and social impact clients. This is an hourly contract position (15–30 hours a week).
Who We Are
We’re a Portland-based consultancy, built of a closely-knit crew of skilled strategists, specialists, and project managers, working collaboratively to create the best possible technology and marketing solutions for our mission-driven clients.
At CauseMic, we are proud to work with incredible nonprofits and social impact organizations all over the country, supporting veterans, the environment, social justice, and more. It’s innovative, purpose-driven work, helping today’s important causes get the attention they need.
Together, we continue to learn and grow — professional development is an essential part of the gig. More than that, we enjoy spending time together, whether it’s a lively brainstorming session or a spirited debate about the merits of Crocs in modern life.
What You Will Be Doing
We’re looking for a digital designer with a mastery of color, layout, typography, space, and imagery, but ultimately, relies on the data to inform their methodology. The ideal candidate will be strong in campaign concepting, development, and execution as well as collaborating with marketing and technical specialists. Your responsibilities include:
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of professional design experience (HubSpot CMS experience preferred).
- You specialize in responsive user experience and conversion design.
- You believe that form follows function and data drives the strongest design.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You problem-solve your way around obstacles.
- You love to learn new systems.
- You have experience with basic HTML/CSS; any code knowledge beyond will be considered a plus.
- You have experience managing multiple projects, either at an agency or as a freelancer, with an ability to quickly absorb and create deliverables that adhere to brand standards.
- You have an acute attention to detail, remain organized while tackling complex projects, and are able to work autonomously.
- You take ownership and initiative in everything you do, including speaking up when you believe there’s a better way.
- You understand how to effectively work with a remote team.
- You are passionate about helping nonprofits fuel their growth.