Website Implementation Plan & Production
Working to protect climbing landscapes and ensure sustainable access for generations to come.
Since 1991, Colorado-based Access Fund has worked “to ensure a sustainable future for climbing by bringing climbers together to protect climbing landscapes and the incredible experiences they offer.”
Access Fund’s impactful work includes (a) advocating for public lands to be managed sustainably and to remain accessible to all people, (b) purchasing threatened climbing areas, and (c) building nature-friendly trails and climbing locales.
Their messaging was directed not only at the climbing community, but at lawmakers, land managers, donors, and other pertinent audiences. However, communication efforts were notably hindered by their Craft content management system (CMS) that required outside technical support.
Moreover, although they had a rich library of amazing photography, their ability to use it to tell their story—and ultimately for financial support—was hampered by an older, difficult-to-update website.
So Access Fund’s questions we needed to answer included:
- Which CMS platform won’t require a developer, but will work with the variety of third-party plug-ins we wish to use and give us attractive, modern templates with which to build smart web content?
- How can we refresh our website design without breaking the bank?
- How can we improve upon telling our story through the website to drive donations and gain new supportive members?
Recognizing Access Fund’s need for easy-to-manage website improvements (for both appearance and donor optimization), we:
- Explored and recommended three major content management systems, all of which featured user-friendly drag-and-drop editors. After demoing, Access Fund selected the one they felt supported their desired functionality and was easiest to maintain in-house.
- Created various templates for ongoing use that (a) vividly showcased their incredible photography, (b) promoted clear and compelling calls to action, and (c) reflected a thriving, contemporary nonprofit.
- Integrated third-party platforms and plug-ins for a seamless, convenient operation. Fundraise Up’s already optimized donor experience was elevated even further through its custom integration into Access Fund’s website.